OK back to this blog- I can't believe Cole is 2. I can't believe I've been not working for 2 years... that seems crazier. I am so glad I've been able to be home to soak up all Cole's babyhood. This is my favorite age & stage. These first few years they grow so much. This year with him has been so fun. He says all sorts of stuff now, He runs and jumps. I mean one day he couldn't jump, his little feet wouldn't leave the ground though his whole body would pull up... He'd try and try and try without succeeding. Then one day he just up and jumped. I was so sad I didn't video tape him trying to jump before it was too late. That is how this year goes, they grow so fast. He is such a JOY. Though he is more challenging at time I feel ready & able. He's got these great quirks about him I just love. Sometimes the punishment is worth the sin for him but most of time he just falls apart when he is disciplined. He wants love and reassurance... I shouldn't say want, he NEEDS love and reassurance. One day he got in trouble and he started to walk away from me still crying and turned around and I said "Mommy still loves you" and he says "Ahh K" and ran off... that's all he needed to hear. So sweet.
A few weeks back we were driving in the car and I said "Cole I love you" and his response was "Good". LOL. It' is good he's sure of my love for him but it just cracked me up.
One of fun things Cole does is he critic's food. I'm going to just laugh if he grows up to be a chef or a food critic or something along those lines. He tried is food and then will say "Umm, dis gud"... and will continue to make comments on how good something is all while he is eating it. It's cracks me up and it also makes me want to make him things he'll enjoy
At first I didn't know how Cole would fill the typical "middle child" role. He seemed so independent and easy going but just not that into what everyone else was doing. Since Carter's been born I've seen some really sweet changes in Cole. If Wesley or Carter are upset Cole tries to step in and make things better. He is very interested in Carter and what Carter is doing. He's so use to have one around that Cole is a little unsure of what to do if he is awake while his other brothers are still sleeping or I take him to town with me without the other ones. He very much still wants to do his own thing but it is so sweet to see that Brotherhood bond forming.

I can't believe Cole is 2, I'm rather sad about it. I feel like I just had him. I feel like my pregnancy with Carter put me in a fog and I missed a chunk of time. I feel like it is going TOO fast. He's wanting to potty train, He is doing more things on his own, trying to put his own shoes in, cleaning up messes... just trying his hand at a lot things around our house. He just wants to be with the big kids when we are out with groups.
For Coles 2nd birthday my sister in law, Deanna came down with her daughter Sam. Samantha and Cole are only 3 weeks apart. It was fun to have them so close in age. The idea was to take the kids to fairytale town and have a blast! Well it was meltdown down with my kids... and that's all I really need to say on that. I just had higher hopes it would be fun. And the saddest part is we lost Cole's "Gweek-wee" (blankie) I'm not sure were exactly we lost in in the day but it's gone. It was his favorite and my favorite blankie of his too... i mean he does have 3!! But that one had wholes in it from being loved on so much and it was his first. I'm so sad about the loss. So so sad. I asked the lady who made it for Wesley if she could make Cole another one... so hopefully soon we get it. 


No comments:
Post a Comment