Sunday, July 13, 2008

539 Days

539 days is just another way to say Wesley is almost 18 months old! We did his 18mo pictures a few weeks early, close enough. My camera had been sick you might say. It wasn't working very well and getting worse. I think I resolved the issue though... I hope! To be safe I asked Betsey to take photos of Wesley. He is so weird about the camera these days anyways. He looked and smiled for her just fine, guess it is just me then he doesn't like. Molly and him are so cute! She is slightly taller than him, it is amazing how he caught up since she was double his size when they were born. My guess is he is around 21, 22lbs, and he has gotten much taller. He seems to be growing in his length right now... and his head. I can barely get some shirts over that noggin of his! His appointment is later this month. I will have offical numbers then.

Lets see what does he do now?? What doesn't he do or get into is probably a better question. He copies our words all the time. He even said "Cailee" for cousin Cailee and "Amber" the other day. He hasn't said them again, oh well. He constantly tries to impress us with his words. He will point and say it and then clap with pride. He helps with the laundry and some minor things like picking up toys and shoes. We still need to work on using words so he can have what he wants. Right now he will hold his belly and fuss a bit when he is hungry. I mean it is an effective form of communication just slightly annoying to always here " EHHENN!" with a sad face. He has snuck please or "eeze" in there more... there is hope. I just have to be patient:)


The other day I was trying to teach him to do the air guitar. He was kind of getting it. He was strum over his belly but wouldn't do anything with the other hand. Just when I think I couldn't love him anymore we were listening to a song that had a guitar solo. He had one arm out and strummed over his belly. The most amazing part to me was he knew what the guitar part was because he did it again!!! So cute! He even seems to be singing at times. Of course not a song that anyone else could sing a long with but there is a melody in his babbles sometimes. We have so much fun chasing him around the house. He plays with his toys on occasion but right now Maggie and Us are the source of entertainment for him.

He eats just about anything you put on his plate, thankfully! He even knows when to pray for dinner. He tries to "Amen" it comes out sounding completely different yet every time his version of the word is the same...

He gives the bestest kisses ever and will hug you for minutes! I love it!!

Right now we love being home in the evening together. We are having a wonderful time this summer enjoying family! Hopefully soon we will make it to see the ocean even if just for a moment. We miss the ocean so much. I want to run and play in the sand with Wesley and watch the waves crash at our toes. (I don't get in further than my toes)


Out of no where the bath isn't so scary anymore... which is awesome.

To sum it up: My house is mess, I don't care, Welsey is the funnet person I have ever been around! Still can't believe he is mine! ( Maybe that is why my house is a mess because I am blogging instead of doing the dishes? Just Maybe that is why... better go then)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big. He looks more like a little boy than a baby anymore. Still he is the cutes baby around, of course I am a bit prejudice.

Shorty said...

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! It is just as important to blog as to do the dishes! :)