Monday, November 10, 2008

The Precious Things In My Life

I love Wesley! He is so sweet. He is so precious to me for of course many reasons. Lately he is giving me more and reasons to find him so darn precious. He loves our attention like any child wants their parents attention. Sometimes he lures us with love to pay attention to him. Today while making dinner he walked in the kitchen whinny and down and said "Hugg--h". I knelt down on my knees and gave him a huge hug then dipped him for a kiss. He just hugged me harder and harder trying to lean back for more kisses. He is so sweet. Guess he jsut needed a hug from his Momma.

The other day in the store he kept making puckering sounds waiting for a kiss... well not really a single kiss, one was not enough. We gave each other many.

Sometimes he comes over us to just hug us or kiss us. We do this too him often, I think he is just practicing what he sees from us and it is awesome. He still uses kisses and hugs to get out of things that he is suppose to do... well he tries. You feel so mean saying no to a hug or a kiss, but I am saying no to the manipulation... I have to remind myself of that.

One night he was having trouble sleeping so I laid down with him. He carefully laid his head on his blankie, and stuff some under my face for me to sleep tight too. The other night his new pesky teeth were really bothering him so I again I laid down with him to calm him down... we fell asleep. I woken up with a Wesley hug and kiss, then a giggle at his silliness:). Just so sweet.

He says just about everything we say. There isn't something he doesn't try to say. He LOVES The Jungle Book. He is a dancin machine during the songs. It is so adorable. One thing I am really enjoying is the "yeah" stage... instead of saying NO to everything he says "yeah".

"Wesley do you like your new shoes?"
Looking down at them "yeah"
Pretty much anything I ask him is a "Yeah"

"Chee- ah" (please) has grown into "Plea-ah"... party of me is a little sad that his words are becoming more clear and correct. He is growing up right before our eyes. I knew the Wesley term for things. So cute! I love him using his words though too. He addresses us as Momma & Dadda if he wants to do something or needs something. It is so neat to watch him learn and share with us.

He is just so precious. I wish I could freeze these days FOREVER!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

These are the days before the hit the terrible (yet awesome) twos!

Anonymous said...

You need to write some of those wonderful phrases down so you can remember them when you are old. You think you will remember them forever but you don't.

Anonymous said...

Another thing you must also post new pictures when writing a new blog.

Shorty said...

In reponse to your commet on my blog . . . Neil and I had a really hard time with the last couple of Holiday seasons!!!!! The whole thing was stressful and completely unenjoyable!!! So after last year we decided we need to change a lot of things. Mostly because we want to make good memories for Anna and Soon-To-Be. That is why I am trying to add little moments and make them special all by themselves. Anyway, I am sorry that my blog stressed you out! :)My goal this year is to keep it simple, so I definalty don't want you to feel like you have to do more!!!!
Anyway! Happy Holidays!