Friday, February 6, 2009

Ca Ca & Other Note Worthy Quotes

Ca Ca, You ask?? That would be me... just a piece of crap, just kidding. My name is very hard for children to pronounce, it comes out "Ca Ca" 99% of the time. Well Wesley started to say "Ca Ca" randomly. We couldn't figure it out. Then it was like a light bulb went off, we asked him to say "Jessica" and sure enough "Ca Ca" came out. He is calling me my real name!!! Weird! Then I asked him "Where is Levi?" and he didn't even hesitate and pointed to Levi. We asked him where Jessica way and he pointed right to me. He has been saying "Ca Ca" occasionally today though was the most deliberate. "Ca Ca! I need show". My response "Uhh... it is MOMMY and you don't need to watch TV." I wanted to laugh... This now is not just limited to me. He has called Levi "Vi Vi " or "E... I". We just have always used our real names. We don't do "babe", "honey", "mom" or "dad". So I guess it makes sense he is picking up on those names.
***
The other morning, I am sound asleep. A loud "Momma!! Momma!!" wakes me from my heavenly slumber. I go into his room and no smile at all he says "Momma, I need Daddy!!" All business, like that was the soul reason to get me up out of bed was to go fetch him his beloved "Daddy". I was like you have got to be kidding me, you made me get up out of my warm comfy bed to request your father... Of course I didn't say that, I just took him to Levi.
***

Wesley is saying "I Love You" a lot clearer. When we leave he will say it in return. Yesterday out of nowhere he said " I love you " I said "Awe I love you". He said " I love you More"... we don't say that so I was surprise he knew what to say... it was so sweet. It was marvelous to hear you child claim that they love you more than you love them- so not possible but nice try :). This was all ruined by him saying he loved the guy at church and the lady at the grocery store... thanks kid.
Wessie Happily Helping With The Laundry
***


Here are some pictures from this weekend. We decided to go play up in the snow. Well snow wasn't as close as we thought it was going to be. It ended up being a beautiful drive. We had a nice time together regardless. We finally found snow to play in. Wesley didn't want to walk cause the snow was "icky". Levi had brought a tube up and he and Wesley went down this little little slop. We seriously were in the snow for like 15 minutes... it look longer to suit up and undress :). It was a nice drive and nice family time. I wouldn't have wanted to do anything else.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Ca Ca. Love it! Kara calls Tim "daddy tim" which prompts tim to day how many daddys does she have?

Shorty said...

Anna was playing in the living room the other day and I got down to play with her and she put her toys down and walked over to me and gave me a kiss. It was the first time she has ever done that. We are always trying to get kisses out of her, but she is mostly very unwilling. Little punk! So it really cracked me up that I got a free one!