Thursday, February 5, 2009

Locked Out

Or should I say Locked In. I made a rookie mom mistake today... well kind of. Our house is weird. There are somethings about it that don't make sense. Like why we have a lock on the bathroom door. The mechanism is there but it is unable to be locked. You have to pass through Wesley's room to get to the second bathroom & office/ storage room. The major thing that doesn't make sense is our bedroom door. The lock is on the outside of the door and the key hole is on the inside. I remember taking note of this years ago thinking "that is weird"... well it just one of those things you kind of forget about. I actually just assumed that like the bathroom door... it didn't work. Well get back to that in a minute.

I have been trying to work at home an extra day a week. To save money and spend time with my awesome son. It is getting harder and harder to be away from him. He is so fun and loving. You just wanted to be around him all the time. Well we usually spend time together in the early morning and around 10 am he use to take his first nap. Well that first nap left us awhile back so sadly that time has been replaced with either Jungle Book or Sesame Street... some sort of distraction so I can work. I am still not happy about the "working" part of working at home :). I usually shut all the door and shut myself in our room with my laptop. This way I am super close to him and yet I can still try to maintain some professionalism without a toddler singing in the background. I have recently found out that even thru our door you can hear Wesley on the phone. So today when I was talking to Fox 40 News and telling them how awesome we are I had to run to our bathroom to escape the Wesley cries (he wasn't crying, crying... he wanted me for something). I finished up my conversation and went to exit my room to see what my little guy wanted. Go to open the door and nothing!... "What is going on, why can't I turn the handle?" I look down at my hand and there resting in between my fingers is a key hole... Oh No!! I am locked in. I was trying to explain to my toddler how to unlock the door, that was fun. Finally the word "button" got to him but he never moved it enough to free me. Now he was a bit upset were as before it had been playful. I called Levi a few times, I tried jamming several berets, bobby pins, pens... I couldn't find something to work. Finally while talking to Levi is picked the lock and freed myself. Wesley had already lost interest again and was back to do something else... so when he saw me he ran and gave me a hug :) So sweet. I think we will be fixing that soon, or I will have to come up with another arrangement so that I can work from home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you need to turn that nob to the correct side of the door or just change it completely. I am glad that you got out.

Kristen said...

Scary! I agree turn the knob around or, put tape over it until you can figure out a permanent solution.