I have been in this place before. I feel boring but definitely NOT bored. I don't think I will be bored again for years and years. I felt like this when I was off when Wesley was born too. I am so use to having work or other outside things to talk about. I've been away from that for awhile now I just have diapers, feedings, toddler tantrums, and the recent article in Parenting magazine to talk about. These things keep me busy and I don't find them boring but you might. I can talk your ear off all day about how much I miss chocolate and about all the delicious chocolate things I would eat if I could. I could tell you about the cute top I passed up to buy diapers instead. I could also tell you how I am not sad about leaving the top behind because Cole and Wesley bring me so much joy... keeping them happy is an easy sacrifice. I could tell you about the huge diaper blow out Cole had or how many outfits he went through yesterday because he was on a spit up fest. Also the time they were both crying in the store and the funny things Wesley says daily. There are only a select few of you who could converse on one of these topics, all the other would probably sit there silently. This is why I find myself feeling boring at time... like I said boring, not bored. I can't find the time to watch the news to talk about current events or to read a book you might read and I have had the same movie from netflix on top of the tv for about a month.
I hate feeling like I don't have much to contribute to a conversation but on the other hand there is a happiness high that makes me not care. I don't care that you might get bored talking to me, I am still going to make you talk to me. I don't care that you might get bored hearing about the kids but they are my "job" now. I actually don't believe that I bore any of my friends because everyone seems to genuinely love my family and kids... but the other day I told Levi the same simple story 3 times. I thought to myself "wow I have run out of things to talk about"... never thought that would happen :)!!!... then I realized I might be a bit boring to talk to but it isn't because I am actually bored.
2 comments:
You will NEVER be boring! Your true friends will always love you and want to talk to you just because of who you are and will want to hear about what's going on in your life no matter how "boring" it may seem to others. I love to hear stories about Wesley and Cole because I know you love them so much and you are a wonderful mommy! Don't ever doubt that for a second! You are a beyond-words wonderfully amazing friend! I treasure all of the memories I have with you, and the ones we will make in the future! Love you Jessica!
Andrea
My daughter run out of things to say, NEVER! We love you just the way you are. If someone doesn't want to hear stories about my grandchildern just give me there name and I will have to have a talk with them. Love you so much, Mom
Post a Comment