What started as an idea became a sketch, then became a converstation with Wesley, then became reality. I had a picture in my mind of these adorable monsters (not at all scary (people still make monsters semi-scary) I finally came up with a sketch that worked. Wesley saw them and asked about them (he is a little amazed when we draw/sketch something that actaully looks like something. I think it is the whole something came from nothing [blank paper]). He has suggestions and had input. It was actaully something really fun to do with him. He was so into it. We drew out several monsters and had a blast naming them. He couldn't wait to see them come alive and truthfully either could I. We went to the fabric store (a couple times) got all the supplies for what I felt was reasonable prices and started sewing.
My own 2 kids were the inspiration for making "cute" monsters. There are some days that they feel just like that cute, adorable, snuggly- monsters :). Just like our little ones that have adorable eyes, cute expressions and all around loveable.
I have a vision for these monsters. We made characters for a reason. I am thinking of selling them on Etsy, so I'd like to hear what you think... After I come up with the one I want to sell and keep making we will go back to naming them. I like the idea that they have names that Wesley and I came up with together :). So fun.
I also can apicay these monsters on blankets, tote bags or make little ones for car seats... list goes on and on. I haven't stopped there either. Just wait till you see the cute penguin I have in the making... so cute!!!
Etsy shop opens Nov 15th

No comments:
Post a Comment