Mom Jeans- everyone knows what "MOM jeans" are... but unless you are a mom you might not understand WHY someone would resort to them. Here let me tell you why. Things that should not hang or be loosey goosey- are after a baby. Everything changes... Mom jeans however dreadful they might be hide that dreaded belly (not that anyone should give into the temptation I just now understand the reasoning). A little outdated but everything comes back into style though right. If only they made things the way they use to!
Forget the pants, we can't even put much time or thought into our top either. Not because we are too tired to care (well maybe in some cases) but it doesn't matter. If you don't think that a hand print stain or spit up will compliment your shirt then you probably should just leave it in the closet for awhile. Yes a semi- annoyance but it comes with the territory. I call it mom karma. I know I probably ruined an outfit or 2 of my mom's in my childhood and she probably did it to her mom. I am sure that Eve's sons probably ruined her fig leaf one day- each generation is paying back the last.
Now the mom hair. See ladies this is not a desired fashion statement but born out of necessity. Unless you want to wash spit up out of your hair 10 times a day you pull it back. Usually it goes 2 ways, either undone hair worn straight or as straight as it will go or the mom ponytail. The simple hair is just about as good as it is going to get. See it isn't a matter of time, I can find time to do my hair it just not knowing what is going to happen while my hands are tied up in my hair, that is an issue. Plus free little hands and a lot curling iron that looks a lot like a large stick and little boys in the house is a bad combination... just saying.
The Mary Poppins mom purse is also a necessary new accessory. I so far have successfully rebelled against having a diaper bag as a purse... I will still have my purse but the chore of caring a diapers bag and a purse is just that a chore. Kids and Bags easily out number you and of course a free hand for each is ideal... so the dilemma is born... the solution a purse large enough to hold it all. Do not be mistaken it isn't a glorified diaper bag, it is a cute PURSE!! In this bag, there are snacks to feed us if we got trapped in the car (you never know), toys, pacifiers, diapers, wipes, lipstick, I think I have some stuff in there too... you get the point. Anything you might need in a weeks time- yeah I got it in my purse.
Sadly I have left the house without every looking the mirror. Then I am in public and realize I might not be as put together as I thought! One day I went clothing shopping by MYSELF, put on what seems to be a clean sun dress and then was off to the department store. Once in the changing room I realized I did not take the time I should have to examine myself before leaving. I had cute little Wesley size hand prints on the bottom of my dress... just about his height too- imagine that? Stained? or put away dirty? Either way it was a little embarrassing but there is was really nothing that could be done. I am sure it will happen again. I am sure it happens more than I know. And whatever I was buying that day was just taking an early look at it's fate.
BUT us mom's really would not have it any other way.... Well maybe I'd change a few things but then that wouldn't be any fun now would it!
No comments:
Post a Comment