I never did a blog for Cole at 1 year :( poor kid. He is already going to have middle child syndrome before the next baby is even born. LOL, no I've been wanting to do this blog for sometime because he is such an interesting person. I've never met anyone quite like him. I know you can say that about most and I could say that about Wesley too but I have to say he keeps me on my toes more than anyone else in the house.Colie, Colie, Colie... where do I begin. The best way I have to describe Cole is he is either Hot or Cold, he doesn't really have a *warm*. He is so sweet, so lovable and for the most part so easy going but there are the battles he chooses to fight & he fights hard! He almost wins too, he fights that hard... He is tough and tender at the same time. Unless you've experienced him for yourself you might not understand what I am talking about. When is he pleasant he is so wonderful and when is determined nothing will stop him. This determination and stubbornness actually gives me peace. Cole has some battles ahead and he has to be strong and sure of himself. I LOVE seeing reassurance already that he'll be ok. He's up for the fight and he is going to fight hard! Nothing stops him! Seriously nothing, I usually just have to remove him or remove whatever he isn't suppose to be touching or doing. He just wants what he wants (like we all do) and he wants & expects you to be ok with that. When a moment calls for discipline I have to reassure him of my love for him more than I every did Wesley. Even Wesley the other day says to Cole "Mommy isn't mad at you, you just can't hit her!" Good Job Wesley!!! Yes, mommy isn't mad, maybe a little shocked he bit or hit me on purpose but not mad... I have some great boys!
I am fearful that with another baby coming so soon after Cole and these early years being so important for character growth that he'll get missed and he'll be a brat. Hopefully this concern will help me to focus on him and not forget. All these characteristics he is showing are great and just what this little guy needs but channeling them in the right way is a challenge. He already sneaks away and enjoys time to himself. We already have to stop sometimes and say "Where did Cole go?". Though he is busy and destructive he already knows how to fade into the background pretty well... One of his specialist said he is a great mix of social and independent.
Though this next baby was anything but planned I am so thankful that God has blessed me with an easy pregnancy- so far. I've barely been sick, tired yes but able to function (sorta). As long as I stay home and focus on them. all is good :). If I was sick and weak and not able to be present with my kids this time could be a lot different (in a very bad way) but thankful I feel well enough to still get to enjoy and cherish these sweet moments with Cole at such a fun age. It still feels like life is flying by while my butt is stuck to the couch but at least I am here instead of at a desk and at least I am getting hugs from my boys instead of huggin the toilet bowl :).

This photo pretty much sums up Cole. Having a great time but all the sudden he is upset he didn't get his way. He was over it again in like 2 seconds. He just had to let us know how unhappy he was with our decision :). I think he was upset we wouldn't let him crawl into the ocean or maybe wreck the sand castle... something didn't go his way.
Here are a few fun things Cole is doing now:
- He thrushes his tongue in and out of his mouth while smiling to either signal to you he wants you to sign along or he's trying to sing... super cute & creative if you ask me :). He'll do it while he dances too. Unlike Wesley who has always had rhythm, poor Cole takes after me... no rhythm at all.
- He plays Peek-A-Boo every chance he gets. The other day at the doctors he was playing around the doctor because she stood in between him and I. It is so adorable how playful he is. There is always time for a game in his opinion.
-He is randomly saying more things. He isn't constant with any of his words but he has said several things at the right time.
-He's walking & trying to walk everywhere. He falls so much more than Wesley every did, I feel bed for him. Sometimes when he falls he gets mad but usually he just tries again with a smile on his face :)
1 comment:
Cole sounds like a delightful little guy. I enjoy reading all your FB posts and keep up with you guys this way. Take care...Love, Suzanne
Post a Comment