Thursday, September 8, 2011

Stop Stealing My Joy!



I think we all struggle with envy and comparing ourselves to others. I know I do and I think you'd be lieing if you said you didn't... I guess that's not necessarily the case, you could truly, genuinely be content- I've been there before.


I struggle with this a lot. I lack structure and self discipline so it is easy to look at people with different personality and compare how I'm holding myself and family together vs. how they are. It feels chaotic a lot and envy people who can keep things under control. Truthfully though it's only a matter of time till I see that they don't have everything under control either. It's easy to look at friends houses and lives and compare but it is a SIN, a dirty one too... it ruins relationships, creates bitterness and robs joy! I saw this quote today and I just wanted to share it. I have the most joy when I rejoice successes with friends instead of feeling envious or forgotten by God.


The other day a friend said to me "how do you keep it all together?" I laughed, part of me wanted to lie and agree with her but how unfair would that be to her? I feel like asking that question to about 100 other women in my life. Just about everyone seems more on top of it than I. I did share tips though that work for me to TRY and stay on top of things but I have yet to find a perfect recipe for success. I've given up trying... or at least until the kids are older.


Celebrate other women in your life, share their successes and achievements and encourage one another instead of comparing or playing the my-life-is-worse-than-yours-game... don't give in, fight it! Then you will harbor a climate around you of celebration and praise. Chose JOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This goes along with what I was thinking about you today. I thought of how proud I am of the women that you have become. You are so stong in all of the situations that God is putting you through. You just keep focused on Him. I love you so much, Mom

Anonymous said...

I just decided to read your blog randomly today, and boy did I need to. Thank you for reminding me to live in joy and celebrate each other!

-Miranda