Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kisses, Crawling and Cuddles

These are just a few of Wesley's most recent accomplishments. I don't know if you could say that cuddle is an accomplishment but I sure do love it. He is such a sweet baby. He often comes over to me just to sit in my lap and lay his head down. The only time he not up for cuddling is when it is bed time or nap time. As my dad puts it I put the "sleeper hold" on him and he doesn't like that. It doesn't last long though and he is out!

He also started giving kisses this last week. He only gives them to me... ha ha Levi. Levi keeps asking for kisses and Wesley never gives him one, just me. The sweetest part is he'll crawl to my lap or pull himself up to my face and plant a nice, wonderful, slobbery kiss on me... I don't even have to ask for them.

Crawling is go well. He is going a little farther every day. At first he would only do a few crawls, now he is doing a bit more. He doesn't follow me around yet, he still just cries when I leave the room or his sight. Soon he'll figure out he can follow me. He started pulling himself up the same day he started crawling. The next day I was sitting on the couch and Levi was near by on the floor. Wesley pulled himself up and turned looked at Levi let go of the couch and took a step... it was unsuccessful. It all seemed to happen in slow motion like the movies. I was able to catch him before he fell face first on the floor. I couldn't believe was already taking a stab at the walking thing. We have had a couple sob fest from falls and bumps. He is up so quickly and back down twice as fast. Poor little guy.

We are having to use "No Wesley" more often too. I didn't think I would be having to discipline already. He is not a fan of "No" tonight you thought the world was going to end because I told him no to sticking his finger in the electrical outlet... we forgot to baby proof one. We went back in forth a few times saying "No" & removing his hand. Finally he just cried and cried, I plugged up the holes. Some of you might say he may not understand what no means, well he does. He usually listens. He is growing so quickly. Thank goodness he still gives me kisses despite me correcting him. I am just trying to keep him safe.

On another note, I am excited for my brother to see Wesley. Jeff has been on quite the journey with the Coast Guard and will have a leave soon. He hasn't seen Wesley in 3 months. Oh I am excited to see Jeff too...

2 comments:

Shorty said...

I am really excited for Jeff to meet Anna too!

Kristen said...

Thats great that Jeff gets to come see him! Hes changed so much!