Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween

Well our first Halloween went well. My family has never been much into celebrating. Just an excuse to eat other peoples free candy and dress silly. Too bad for Wesley he is too little to eat any candy maybe next year. Andrea did have baby treats for him. Sorry to say that Maggie helped herself to the pears... that is another story.

My cousins and I got the kids together in the afternoon. I wanted to see everyone costumes, and snap a photo. A snap shot is what I ended up with. We had all sorts for creatures there. Jason was a duck, Kara a Pirate, Bella a Poodle, Tessa a mermaid, Anna the cat from Alice and Wonderland (don't know the cats name), Jackson a Dragon and Wesley a Chicken or Rooster sounds more manly. It was crazy with all the kids... we didn't even get poor Kara in a photo. Wesley was tired this all took place during nap time. Anna and Jack were cozy cousins sleepin on each other. They were so cute, both so content! Jason fell asleep on the floor at one time waiting for all of us to be ready. They are all so precious.


We then went to GG's, Great Grannies, Grandma Mary Janes, Andrea's, then home. He was sooo tired. You would never tell by the smiles we were able to force out and capture. He was a good sport though. The next morning I was paying though. He was fussy, still tired, and demanding. I think I wore him out too much the day before. It was nice to see everyone though.



Wesley did learn a new trick while he was up in Redding though. Molly Walton taught him to crawl. She was crawling all over and pulling herself. After watching her he tried it himself. Only took one crawl while we were up there, but Thursday evening did it a few more times. He doesn't remember that he knows how to crawl yet. It takes him a minute every time. Now he is also trying to pull himself up on all the furniture too... fun. I am sure I will be chasing him very soon. Maggie will be running, Wesley will be following close behind and I will be trying to catch them both. Also guess it is time to baby proof a little better... great...

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Jes, Halloween was so fun! I wish that Kara had been more into the photos! OH well. I need to blog about it too! I love that picture of Jason laying on the floor (email it to me). And Wesley is so cute as a chicken!

Shorty said...

Well Jessica I am disappointed in you. His name is the Chesire Cat! You need to buff up on your Disney! :) I think maybe next year she will be Lady. That would be so cute if she were crawling. Congrats to Wesley!!! And good luck . I am hoping Anna won't be mobile until we get a house. I think she might get pretty bored in a 27 foot house!!

Shorty said...

Well, now I am embarresed. I spelled Cheshire wrong.