Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Drive

Gas: $30.00
Starbucks:$7.50
Lunch: $20.00
Pumpkin Waffle Mix from Dean and Delucia: $9.00
Admission into the Petrified Tree Forest: $12.00
Admission into see California's Old Faithful: $14.00
Spending a Sunday with Levi and Wesley: Priceless

We decided to do something different with our Sunday. Lazy Sunday afternoons are nice but we wanted a change of scenery. We missed church because Levis slept in (yes I am blaming it on him) we packed up and went on a drive. We drove over to the Napa Valley area, Calistoga to be exact. It was a lot of fun just to be together.

We stopped at the famous Dean and Delucia and got yummy sounding waffle mix... pumpkin. I think I might make them on Thanksgiving morning. I doubt we can wait that long though. We grabbed some lunch and went to the Petrified Tree Forest, which sounds cooler than it is. Semi interesting though. Levi and I were debating how scientist can date things back 3 million years ago, how does that work anyway? We then went for a drive missing our next destination the hot spring geyser or "California's Old Faithful" as they call it, how original! Pretty drive though; finally we got back on track. While there we saw a 2 headed lama, not really but I tried to be crafty and make it look that way. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the spring to go. It was beautiful and amazing. I was happy to see that I was able captured the rainbow in the photo as well. Wesley was not impressed he would have rather kept watching the little kids play their jumping game in the rocks.

After all that it was Levi's favorite activity- Family Photo Time! He was a good sport though. After about 4 photos he kept saying, "This is the last one". I'd convince him to take one more. Of course the one where Wesley is looking at the camera and is cute, is lame of us so since we out number him so this is the one we are going with. Aren't the colors beautiful?! I took some other neat photos of the area. That was part of the point of the drive today to take a picture of the vivid ever-changing colors. Hope you enjoy them. Overall we had a nice time together. We live in such a beautiful area sometimes you forget what you have waiting for you outside your comfort zone.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That sounds like fun, but i like your wednesday drive up here better!

Shorty said...

It was so nice to see you this week. Can't wait to see your pictures. Sounds like you had a great weekend.