Monday, October 22, 2007

9 Months Already!!

Can you believe it?! Wesley is 9 months old. I don't know why but 9 months feels like a big deal. Maybe cause it takes him 9 months to get here so he has spent just as much time outside the womb than in, it seems like an accomplishment. Well in his case he didn't bake the whole 9 months so we actaully passed that milestone awhile ago but that isn't the point. I always say I want him to stay this size and it appears that he is!! Since 7 months he has only gained 8oz. and grown 1/4 inch longer! At his last appointment he was 16 lbs. 12.2 oz. and 26 inches long! She said it is fine and he is still moving up the growth chart... slowly. I want him to stay small but then when he does I worried that something is wrong. Looks like there is no need to worry he is just fine.

He seems to understand what we are saying to him. My words and explinations seem to provide some releif and comfort sometimes. We talk to each other all the time. He is mimicing our words and sounds more and more. He seems to reconginze people too as long as he seems them every couple weeks are so. Any longer and seems to forget.

The other day I actually took the time to look at him (update my mental image) he looked so big. He is turning into a little boy. He feeds himself his own bottle, bannans and cookies. He is even getting better with his sippy cup. These are things I use to have to do for him and though they are small, it is huge accomplishment for him to conquere each of these obstical. Next is his drivers license!





Time flies when you are having fun!

1 comment:

Shorty said...

My little Anna is already 5 weeks old! I can't believe it. I think we are finally forming a pattern though. I am sewing her costume today. So Lord willing it will be done by Wednesday! See you then.