Well it is officially spring time! Yeah!! I love this season. I honestly love all seasons at the beginning, but it doesn't take long for me to be over summer. It gets too hot.
Right now it is perfect! Levi celebrated his 27th birthday this last week. We are officially the same age again. I am not the old hag for another 6 months. He worked and went to school on his birthday. How sad it that! My birthday is like a national holiday, well it use to be. As you get older it is true that you care less and less about "your day". Levi said he wouldn't allow me to buy him a gift, not this year and to save the money. Well I found a book I thought he would enjoy so I reasoned with myself that it didn't cost much and he needed something to open. That evening he was in the dining room and was like "Jessica, Where did this book come from?" My only response could be "Crap" I had left it out, he and he found it before his special day. So there was nothing for him to open on his birthday. At that point the gift was totally jinxed. While he was in the shower on the morning of his birthday I was like OK well I'll wrap it up and give it to him before he leaves for school. I got it back out from it's hiding spot then got side tracked. He came out to get his things and be off, there sits the book again. He asked "I don't even get it wrapped?",
Again my only response could be "Crap". Since he worked and I completely ruined the present thing I thought that Wesley and I could go out and visit him at work. I made mini lemon cheesecakes. Before walking out the door I walk back into the living room to see Maggie cowering in the living room like she had done something wrong. I look at the tray of cheesecakes in the kitchen and on one of them was a huge tongue lick across the top. She wanted to see what all the fuss was about, they did take up a lot of my time that day. It didn't appear that any other cakes were touched, the big tongue mark was pretty apparent, so i trashed that one and was on my way. No one reported a doggie taste, so I think we were safe. Wesley was funny he spent the whole time turned around in his high chair looking onto the main dining room floor. By looking at his face you would think he was watching a Broadway play or something. He just watched all the different families eat, laugh, and talk in amazement. They were so entertaining to him. I got to eat in peace though, he provided no company, but that also means no fusses either. He ate his bread and watched the show. I even tried to get his attention with a
balloon, it kinda worked for a minute. Even though he had to work he said it was a good day.
Right now it is perfect! Levi celebrated his 27th birthday this last week. We are officially the same age again. I am not the old hag for another 6 months. He worked and went to school on his birthday. How sad it that! My birthday is like a national holiday, well it use to be. As you get older it is true that you care less and less about "your day". Levi said he wouldn't allow me to buy him a gift, not this year and to save the money. Well I found a book I thought he would enjoy so I reasoned with myself that it didn't cost much and he needed something to open. That evening he was in the dining room and was like "Jessica, Where did this book come from?" My only response could be "Crap" I had left it out, he and he found it before his special day. So there was nothing for him to open on his birthday. At that point the gift was totally jinxed. While he was in the shower on the morning of his birthday I was like OK well I'll wrap it up and give it to him before he leaves for school. I got it back out from it's hiding spot then got side tracked. He came out to get his things and be off, there sits the book again. He asked "I don't even get it wrapped?",
Again my only response could be "Crap". Since he worked and I completely ruined the present thing I thought that Wesley and I could go out and visit him at work. I made mini lemon cheesecakes. Before walking out the door I walk back into the living room to see Maggie cowering in the living room like she had done something wrong. I look at the tray of cheesecakes in the kitchen and on one of them was a huge tongue lick across the top. She wanted to see what all the fuss was about, they did take up a lot of my time that day. It didn't appear that any other cakes were touched, the big tongue mark was pretty apparent, so i trashed that one and was on my way. No one reported a doggie taste, so I think we were safe. Wesley was funny he spent the whole time turned around in his high chair looking onto the main dining room floor. By looking at his face you would think he was watching a Broadway play or something. He just watched all the different families eat, laugh, and talk in amazement. They were so entertaining to him. I got to eat in peace though, he provided no company, but that also means no fusses either. He ate his bread and watched the show. I even tried to get his attention with a
balloon, it kinda worked for a minute. Even though he had to work he said it was a good day. Easter Sunday was just this last week. We got up and ready for church along with 90% of the rest of the population. Church was packed as it usually is. Wesley wanted to wear a tie to church yesterday. He gets so proud of himself, I love it. I got Wesley an Easter basket of goodies.
He got bubbles, a fun cup and a rubber ducky. We even had our first Easter egg hunt. He got eggsited to see all the colorful eggs hiding, but he
just wanted to play with them as we found them, no need to look for more. Next year will be better. I am excited to do fun things with him outside. Go for more walks, play on the porch, go for picnics, I love this season!
He got bubbles, a fun cup and a rubber ducky. We even had our first Easter egg hunt. He got eggsited to see all the colorful eggs hiding, but he
just wanted to play with them as we found them, no need to look for more. Next year will be better. I am excited to do fun things with him outside. Go for more walks, play on the porch, go for picnics, I love this season!
Some new things he is doing since the last post. If he is doing something he isn't suppose to when you walk up he hides his hands. Behind his back, under the highchair tray... he doesn't want them slapped, smart boy.
It makes me laugh inside. Again I didn't realize you have to parent & discipline so early! He tries out new words all the time. He will say the right word once, I think it is just a coincidence though. He seems to be saying daaadda, and mommma. He also seems to say "Hello", oddly. I am sure it is just coincidence on the hello thing, you just never know. I say it all the time to him, so I guess he might catch on. He still doesn't clap! I see babies months and months younger clapping. He'll clap your hands together when he is excited just not his... weird! He also appears to be dancing. He kinda gets this funny groove going when music is playing. I was suspecting that is what he was doing a few days ago and then Levi pointed it out yesterday, so I think he it is true he is trying to dance. Still not walking. I don't know when he'll decide to venture off all fours and try to get around the world like everyone else. All in his own time! We don't push him. Some days he likes to walk with us, some days not. He'll do it when he is ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment