Monday, April 7, 2008

"Walkin' ...Yes In Deed I'm Walkin' (Can't remember the rest) Hmm Hmm..."

Wesley Is Walking!! This most likely is not news to you, since he has been walking for over a week now. I think I have slowly been able to tell everyone. I was waiting to snap a photo of Wesley to include in this post, no such luck. Thanks to my parents I can't take photo's of Wesley anymore... well that is an exaggeration. It is not completely their fault... He does like to look at the view screen, a little too much though. He expects you to snap a photo rather quick and stands way to close to every be able to get an actual picture. Then he wants to see what he has done. He actually was posing for my mom and then viewing his photos, funny funny boy. Well now I can't get a camera out without him insisting to sit and look at all the pictures I have stored. Remember one of his favorite things to do it point and look at photos. Bad habit to have in this family, there are too many pictures to look at constantly.
















(If you ask him to show you his belly he lifts his shirt and tickels himself, and just laughs!!! I eat it up! Finally pictures to document this cutness!)
Well Wesley started walking when my parents were watching him last weekend. He has been so close for weeks so it wasn't too huge of a surprise, sad that I missed it though (I was working). He is finally venturing out a bit more. At first he would only walk in between two people, and sometimes give up and start crawling to get there faster. Now he'll take steps away from things and try to walk toward the couch and stuff like that. Still only about 5-7 steps tops. They also taught him how to climb up on the couch, so now he can get up and down by himself. That's been fun! So Wesley is 14 1/2 months now.

He gives the best babies kisses ever. The best part is he has started to give closed mouth kisses. He will kiss you over & over & over & over again! It is really sweet. If you try and avoid a kiss he'll hold your head still to plant a nice wet one on you. Really it doesn't get better than that!

He finally is clapping his hands the right way. Palms together. He seemed to be doing the "time out" sign for the longest time, or just flailing them around in excitement. He is very much into moving his hands. Finally he can clap them together. We even sing the song "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands..." To my surprise he claps at the appropriate times. Not only does he do the act he understands the instruction. Great song for diaper time, keeps the hands and mind busy! I am sure it will get old quick... gotta think of something else soon and have in my back pocket. Diaper changing is such a wrestling match. Lightning Bolt Bowers is no match for The Boss Lady, She keeps winning. I am mean I like diapers on babies. If he wouldn't poop and pee on everything he could be a little nudy. I tried it once... it was a mess... so I will keep winning the match.

He eats a ton, I am not sure where it goes. I look at my grocery basket and most of the food is for the smallest guy in the house! Funny story: I was suppose to be laying down for a nap yesterday, Levi insisted. Well I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up to find Levi leaving the kitchen with Wesley and a huge cup of ice cream!! Levi was like a little kids that got caught! He had the dear in the headlights look. He was like "you go back to bed!" then whispers to Wesley "I don't think she saw it, maybe she will go away...". I try so hard to keep his diet good and healthy then I have another here undoing my hard work. In Levi's defense he does give Wesley the smallest bites, like the size of a... well 1/2 of a pea. Wesley may get a teaspoon tops when it all over with. If I gave in though Wesley would end up with a bowl of his own. So I have to put up the front... shhh. He is much too young to really appreciate it, I'd rather wait. Guess my other half does not want to wait!

He loves my make up drawer and will empty it in record time. The messes he can make are amazing. Levi said we should be charging him a cleaning service fee.

We are having a blast being his parents. Levi just had his spring break, he spent a lot of time with Wesley. I got work done, we were all happy. Well maybe not all of us. Levi took care of Wesley for only 2 days, after those 2 days Wesley preferred Levi over me. I told Levi to not be so fun, or I'd make him work more! It didn't feel good to take second to daddy. Levi has about 6-7 weeks of school left, I know he is counting them down. Those were some photos of today. It was nice enough for shorts! I was outside with him between naps and work calls. He is so dang cute (or gorgeous!!) I had to take a few pictures. Finally I was successful!! Yeah Me!

Other updates: I am doing well, still busy. Praying helps me calm down and deal with everything as it comes. I have even found sometime to read a book. Not only did I start it but I finished it too! This is a huge deal if you know me. Finally I read a book I didn't want to put down. It was kinda cheesy and I loved it! I am notorious for starting books even getting 3/4 of the way threw to never pick it up again. I know, I know!... I don't expect you to understand.

Work & Life are still busy. My house is not presentable by any means, so call before you stop by. Funny thing is I don't care! I am tired I am going to rest. I am looking forward to our summer family vacation, it will be a blast. We are staying in a house up in Oregon. Less than 2 months away!


My 10 year class reunion is coming up. I've recruited a few girlfriends to help me plan. I have some fun stuff going on with work this summer, and I am looking forward to getting a tan. I am pasty!

3 comments:

Shorty said...

Are you going to be on the coast when you go to Oregon? That does sound like so much fun! Is that your front porch in those pictures? It is very cute! Maybe someday I will get to see it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica.. I'm so happy you finished a book.. And I don't mean that sarcastically either.. I never could understand how you could read one half way through and then just put it down and forget about it... :) Now my opinion of you is complete.. yup.. I fully like you know.. hehehe.. jk... D.Bo

Jenn said...

Sweet pics, glad you got some cute pics or any pics at all for that matter. We were glad to get all these updates. Look out, as usual with every new baby phase, you will be amazed yet again at what he can get into while walking. SO MUCH FUN!!