Well my Mother's Day was alright. I went up to Redding for a quick visit. I missed home. I decided to try to drive back home during Wesley's normal nap time on Mother's Day. Well it worked for about an 1 1/2 hours then he was awake and crying. So much so that I had to put on his own playlist on my ipod and pull over and get
more toys out to throw to him in the back. I didn't throw them of course, but still. The music worked, except everytime there was a space between a song he was crying again. There was only about 2-3 minutes of relief at a time. Usually he such a good traveler. I was ready to be home. I take it he was too...
I did manage to see both Grandma's & both Moms. None of them were a very long visit but nice none the less.When we got home Levi was at work. He worked later than expected. By the time he got home he was tired. We gradded some dinner and milk for the week for Wesley. He fell asleep on the couch around 8 and was out for the night. I did have a nice time just being a mommy though. I love to take care of Wesley and do things for him, so a day just for that is a good day for me.
Being a part of the restaurant business ruins these kind of holidays for you. People are not happy families celebrating like you would think. Plus they are cheap, so then if we go and we are nice and polite we still don't get great service. There have been too many tables before us to ruin the day for our server. We just end up not celebrating.
I did have a good trip though. I saw both families a bit and even hung out with my friends. The trip was full of course like my trips always are. I swear I have to have my appointment book when I visit. It is like: well I will visit with this person from 2-3, Drive to this persons house and be there this amount of time... You get the point ... busy. I feel like there is always a schedule to keep. When will be people expect me, what am I doing. I love coming home visit but I always come home worn out. Nothing beats coming home to your own home though, as much as you may love where you were, nothing beats HOME.
Welsey had a blast on the swing in my parents back yard. They said it would be there when he came up next. I was wondering if they had followed through:). He loved it as you can tell from the picture. Also the tounge thing is typical Wesley. I think he is showing it off even more because he is getting more teeth. He doesn't like his tounge to touch the sharp little teeth poking thru. One time I thought he was getting teeth on the opposite side becuase his toung was always there. Nope they were coming in on the other side, he didn't like how they felt. Funny Funny Boy. Just checked sure enough there are some teethers coming in on the top, looks like the bottom is next.
Well a quick update. Wesley basically only walks now, no crawling.
He is so good and steady, it is amazing how fast they learn. While we were in Redding he found the joy of an audience! There was so much family always watching he developed a real love for "hammin it up". Pretty cute now but later... oh well. He tries new words every day. He even said "Des" today for "Yes" Of course I am encouraging him to say it again. He also says "ish" (fish) and just cries pointing to his mouth when he wants a drink. I am encourging "Drink Please". "Drink Please Prettiest Mommy In The World" is ideal, but one word at a time of course. He has a new love... His blankie. My mom made him a new blankie and oh man has it been a hit. It is soft and he loves it. Good job Grandma. We also got this cute rocking horse when we were up in Redding. Great Granny & Great Papa got it for him. His very own perfect size horsey. He still can't get on by himself but he likes to rock on it. So Cute!I tried I really tried to make a shorter blog with just a few pictures... just so many thoughts and memories to share. You all need to move closer.
3 comments:
Man do I wish we lived closer. Maybe not closer to Sac, but closer together for sure. Of course you already have so many friends I doubt Anna and I would fit into your busy busy schedule! :)
I dont want shorter blogs or less pictures. I love all of it. I do wish we could hang out a bit more. I do think of calling you or seeing what you are up to when I hear the rumors (usually from Jed) that you are coming up. I always decide against it. I know what it is like to live out of town. And I didn't have anychildren to make it even busier. Love Ya.
You can't make a short blog when you're son is so cute...WE WANT MORE PICTURES...unless moving back soon is in the cards?!
Post a Comment