Monday, May 26, 2008

No Itches to Scratch!

Levi and I have been married 7 years! WOW I can't believe how time flies. I sure doesn't feel like 7 years but I also don't feel newly married either. Maybe 3 or 4 years... not 7, does not feel like 7. I am not sure why 7 years feel like a big milestone. People usually look to the 5's for those types of celebrations; 5 years, 10 years, 15 years... you get the point. Maybe because I have heard there is truth to the "Seven Year Itch". Nothing itching for us.

I also can't believe we have been away from home for nearly 5 years! We were suppose to move away for only 2 years. By the time we are ready to move again we will have been down here 3 times longer than expected. Oh well it has all been an adventure. Moving was good for growing up and growing closer together. I've enjoyed the change.

I don't think I need to be really sappy to the world on how much I love my husband, just know that I do and he is my dream come true. There are some things that words only cheapen.

We finally got a night away. With our schedules and budget it has been pretty impossible to have a night out. We went out one other time since Wesley was born. This was the first meal we have had out by OURSELVES for nearly a year and half. It was long over due and nice. We had fun! We went to the Melting Pot. Some girl friends of mine got us a gift card for my birthday (October)... finally we got to use it. Maybe now that our schedules have calmed down more we can get away a little more often. We went out last night even though today is our actual anniversary. Levi had to work tonight. We are getting ready for our vacation so gotta get some money money money.

Everything else is well. I spent my extra day at home making bread, that is something new for me. Levi has been asking that I make him bread for over 7 years now... my mom spoils him! It turned out alright. He'll tell me the trouth. I sewed a new blankie for Wesley and relaxed while he napped. So far a really great day! I love my domestic days. I can't wait till I can be home all the time. Some how the house is messy again. When we are home we make messes... It looked so nice too!

I will close with this:
Genesis 2:24
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his WIFE, and they will become one flesh."

I think we are living in such sad times when it is thought that such immoral acts should have the same rights as such a sacred bond. Sad Sad. What are people thinking?!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am glad there are "no itches to scratch" . Congratulations you guys. We will be celebrating 10 years this year. I am glad you got out after a 1 1/2 years. I am familiar with that scenario. Not just because of schedule and budget or even childcare. But when it is your first (or only one child) you don't mind taking them or want to take them. Aaahh I miss those days of calm. LOL

Shorty said...

I loved our time while we lived away from town. I hated living in Reno. But I loved being with Neil all the time. It was a HUGE bonding time for us. And I don't think it would have been the same if we had lived here. But ours was only for 6 months! 6 years is LONG enough! NOW COME HOME!!!!