The day that people called me "Crazy" started like any other. Crazy frustrating morning trying to get lunches prepared. Dress 2 bodies, pack bags for work and play... yes it was like any other day.
While driving the thought crossed my mind "What if I don't do anything I said I was going to do today?" "What if I kept driving??"... Awe how nice would that be. I am 99% sure I'd still have a job, 100% sure I'd still have a husband. I had packed lunches so we would not starve. Think of all the possibilities.
So I did, I kept driving. I work off Hwy 50 a clear shot to Tahoe. So I just kept going. Wesley and I drove thru the beautiful foothills. We sang at the top of our lungs. The "La La Song" as Wesley calls it, was well played the whole drive. We bobbed our heads, I played the steering wheel drum and rolled the windows down. The fresh mountain air felt so nice to breathe.
We got lost a little in Tahoe but I get lost in every new place I go... who doesn't? We did find a nice little beach. For once it was sunny and actually warm enough to be outside. The clothes we dressed in for warm Sacramento were just fine for the mountiany beach we had found. We found odds and ends to make sand castles. Of course Wesley was never patient enough to complete a whole castle. It would get distorted when he was test the strength of the structure. With in seconds he would regret that powerful blow and want to build another. I guess each sand castle seemed stronger than the last because he was try it again... Boys!
Since this trip was on such a whim we had no sun screen and the thought didn't cross my mind until we were OUT of the sun. We had funny tans line that would eventually tell on us... Who would believe I got a wild case of Strep & lost my voice so I couldn't call... and was highly contagious... when I showed up at work with this crazy sun burn/ tan?! Oh well, no use worrying now. What was done was done.
By this time our lunch was not cutting it, we needed some dinner... and something cheap! We found a little stand that sold fish taco's My Favorite. Good thing Wesley likes fish also. We has the best dinner. We went back to the beach with a blanket (we keep in the truck, I didn't want to think about how dirty it was...) and snuggled and watched the sun set and moon rise. The moon is a fascination lately. It must have been the clean air, the tiring day, the peace and quiet of a empty beach because Wesley feel asleep in my arms. Those who have attempted to put Wesley down for a nap know he does not fall asleep in any one's arms. I cherished this moment holding him while I saw the stars again. We don't see many stars living in a city... none in fact.
We drove home, Wesley slept the whole way. Levi wasn't even home from school yet so he was not aware of my adventure. I soaked up every minute of being "AWAY" no demands from a small wonderful child, no phone ringing, no meals that need to be made, no house that needed to be picked up. I listened to my favorite play list about 4 times on the way home.
It was good day!!!
Now reality. Wouldn't that have been grand? I had this thought the other day... "What if I didn't go to work?" "What would happen?" On that particular day my driving schedule was as follows:
Sacramento to Elk Grove. Elk Grove to Orangevale. Orangevale to Roseville. Roseville to Rancho. Rancho to Orangevale. Orangevale to Sacramento... Home for the night then. I was all over the city and it was non stop.
Then I dreamed how wonderful my day could actually be if I forgot it all. I wanted so badly to keep driving to find this beach I dreamed up... and have a "Crazy" day. I went to work instead! My responsiblities got the better of me. I did think of all these little detials about my day dream. Good thing I have a mini vacation coming up... I need it!!! Sadly my vacation time is already planned so much that I can't even have a crazy day like this. I will have to one day... just keep driving. Anyone up for a mini road trip? I would love company on the day I actually go crazy!!!
OK now back to work...
4 comments:
That's awesome! I'm jealous! What a trip to treasure forever! I'm going to have to try that one day. But where to go? Shasta Lake? Whiskeytown Lake? That doesn't sound as adventurous, beautiful, or relaxing as your spontaneous trip!
I made it, did you not catch that? Sorry... it was my day dream
I believed it was real at first, so descriptive. I will go on a road trip with you. That would be fun!
As I was reading I was so so PROUD of you for doing that. I have done it and it is worth it. You need to do it. I was disappointed only to learn it was fabricated in your cute little head.
However disappointed, it was still a great story. :) Ditto Kristen on the road trip, although Kristen and I both bring major baggage. Not just one child. Not that it wouldnt be fun with 7 children however, Jamie and I have doen our share of trips with that many kiddos and it is work, fun work but work. :)
Post a Comment