Wesley and I had the day to spend together though. I took him down to McKinely Park to feed the ducks and play at the park. I am not a huge bird fan in the first place but these birds are a bit bold. They are fed all the time by people so they were getting a little too close for my comfort. I kept trying to throw the crackers further and further away so they would go away... One started to charge at Wesley. He was freaked out. I would be too. So then we moved to a part of the park where they were behind a fence... he was much happier with this arrangement. He was more interested in nature than the park playground really. We were attempting to play and this other mom was there with her daughter. She asked if I was there for the music class going on in the library... No I wasn't but I was interested. She told me they have an 1/2 hr toddler music class that was a lot fun. Best part of all it was FREE!!! We joined the large group. A lot of the songs I have never heard but Wesley LOVED it. I also got a few fun things to do with him. As you all know anything music he loves. It was a blast. Great little outing for him and
I. I found out they have a toddler dance class on Mondays. I am going to try to make it to that pretty soon. That sounds right up our alley too. It is cool they offer neat free programs like that. I was so happy that I went to the park that day. They don't have these classes advertised anywhere. I looked and the other mom told me it wouldn't be online or in any program guides. It was a large group that apparently has grown by word of mouth... imagine if they advertised it would be crazy!When we were leaving he saw some "flowers". After he was done admiring them like a true boy he tried to destroy the flowers. Then he was crying when we left the flowers... the whole way to the car act
ually. Then I tried to set him on this step to take his picture. He cried when I put him there, he cried when I too him away. Clearly it was nap time!! Anyways by the end of the day he was in the corner like 3-4 times, multiple disciplines for multiple things. I wondered how such a fun perfect morning could turn into a never ending battle in the afternoon... even after a nap. He is 2 that is how. 2 year olds have special powers.
I enjoyed Levi's Birthday even though he probably didn't. We are celebrating tomorrow. I am making his favorite dinner and I wish it was going to be nice so we could have family outside time.
P.S. So far Wesley is not a big bird fan either. Anytime he sees crows he has nightmares that night. He wakes up crying about birds on his shirt... I feel so bad for him. He wakes up so scared. How do I explain that even though it seems SO real, it isn't?
ually. Then I tried to set him on this step to take his picture. He cried when I put him there, he cried when I too him away. Clearly it was nap time!! Anyways by the end of the day he was in the corner like 3-4 times, multiple disciplines for multiple things. I wondered how such a fun perfect morning could turn into a never ending battle in the afternoon... even after a nap. He is 2 that is how. 2 year olds have special powers.
I enjoyed Levi's Birthday even though he probably didn't. We are celebrating tomorrow. I am making his favorite dinner and I wish it was going to be nice so we could have family outside time.
P.S. So far Wesley is not a big bird fan either. Anytime he sees crows he has nightmares that night. He wakes up crying about birds on his shirt... I feel so bad for him. He wakes up so scared. How do I explain that even though it seems SO real, it isn't?
No comments:
Post a Comment