So Wesley may have already found his calling at the ripe old age of 2!!! Wesley LOVES music. He always has. He will dance to anything that can carry a tune. Recently he was watching American Idol with me. He was so into it. Later when we were getting his pj's on and he grabbed this yarn spool that doubles at a toy, he used it for mic. He started dancing and singing like we just saw on TV. It was so cute and soo good. He surprised me. He wasn't doing his crazy all over dance he was dancing slower and so cute. Next time we were watching A.I. he had to run and get his "tar" (guitar) and was cheering and playing right along with the TV. I guess you'd have to experience Wesley and his music to totally understand. Like today after church we went to have lunch. There was an elderly couple sitting having lunch also. They were watching Wesley. A catching song came on and he started to dance while eating. After we finished, they asked if we went to First Baptist Church. Well yes we do... The lady had looked familiar. She works in the nursery for my Mom's Group. That room is jammed packed with kids, they have about 17-20, 2 year olds. She said she thought she recognized him but when he started dancing she knew it was "Wesley". She said that he always does a dance when they turn on the bubble machine :). He requests to have music playing often... or says "dance". Anyways I was telling my mom and she said if he is anything like me he will be a musician. See when I was about 2-3 I started taking people's orders. I guess I was rather bossy about it also. It was very a surprise to my parents that I choose a career in the food industry. I knew around 2 what I was going to be good at... Maybe Wessie does too?! I guess all I can do is nurture any talents I see and see what blossoms from it. He is starting to sing songs, maybe he will have good vocals too.
So today he noticed the moon for the first time, or the "Moom". We were driving and it was early evening. The moon was hanging in the sky very clear. He gasped and said "Look! Ball!!" Pointing out the front window. I was like "Oh that is the moon." He was mesmerized with it during the whole drive. It would seem as if it would shift but of course it was us moving. He was trying to understand, he was trying to learn. When we got out of the car he was desperately looking to see where the "moom" had gone. I showed it to him the sky again. By this time it was starting to glow... We said goodnight to the moon and came inside. It is exciting to see him learn and observe the world around him.
1 comment:
Lets hope that his abilities lead to a profitable career that can put you and Levi into retirement.
But without any crazyness:)
Post a Comment