Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

Oh Easter Sunday was such a great day. First off there are so many reasons to celebrate Easter. It is always a somber holiday for me... time for reflection. We went to church on Saturday evening instead of Sunday morning. There was still quite the crowd for Saturday evening service #2. We are usually not huge fans of the music at church but on that night: WOW it was awesome. Probably the best worship singing I have ever experiences. Great songs and hymns, choir and an orchestra... they went all out and we loved it. Don't get my wrong I love going to church on Sunday. Getting up and wearing your Sunday clothes, usually going to lunch afterwards, having a leisurely afternoon... But this time with such a special holiday there was something nice about already waking up in a mood of celebration instead of the morning crazies trying to leave on time... then getting into the right spirit after the day has already begun.

Wesley and I were up first like usual. We made breakfast for daddy. This was the first time I'd let Wesley help me bake. He LOVED it. He always wants to "hope cook" now. He just didn't understand the "cook" part... He wanted to eat it right then! As a side note it is really cute when he wakes up the morning he has started requesting "lunch?"... he is figuring out the meals but I think he gets confused because I make lunches for the day during his breakfast time... It is just cute to me... Anyways back to the day. After breakfast Wesley got his Easter Basket. Nothing too big. The only candy he got in his basket was a chocolate bunny. Wow was that a mistake. All day we kept hearing every 2 seconds "Bunny Bite?!" We'd walk in the kitchen he'd fun in after us and say "Bunny Bite!?" We let him eat the ears off but we figured that was enough sweets for the time being since he was getting eggs later. We are still hearing "Bunny Bite!?" in his defense he still has pretty much a whole bunny to go. We were just hoping he'd forget about it... we were dreaming.



When Wesley woke from his nap we did a mini Easter Egg hunt in our front yard... well not much of a yard... our front rocks and tress:). He loved the hunt and when he saw treats were inside he was even more excited. We tried to limit the sugar because he doesn't sleep well when he too much sugar... Well our efforts fell short. First off his nap was broken and short then that night he woke up like 3-4 times and was up super early. Yep, lesson learned. He isn't huge on the sweets, he wants candy and cookies but doesn't always finish them. I think when it was presented as such a prize and treat he felt excited and obligated to eat it, well it ended up being too much.



Levi stayed home that day and hung out with us which was NICE. He is so busy trying to stay caught up with school, we aren't seeing too much of him. It will all be worth it though... hopefully. Only 6 weeks to go. Yes I am counting down, this is the toughest semester yet and I am SO happy it is the last! I think it goes without saying Levi is happy it is the last also. Keep us in your prayers!!

1 comment:

Shorty said...

I love it when they try out new words. Anna's "Lunch" is soooo cute! We are trying to get her to say "Yes" more often. Just so I don't always hear "No" I guess. :)

Maybe next year you could try pretzels and raisins or something.