Monday, May 25, 2009

We Did It!!

Levi graduated Sacramento State with his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. I am so proud. I think back to the moment and it makes me smile. It has been quite the road to get there. These last 6 months have been some of the toughest we've seen. Losing his job... over extending himself with school and just being anxious for it all to be over. Well that day finally arrived. WOW! Life as we know it is going to change and I am excited to see what is next. When we got married 8 years ago we kept saying 2 year, 2 year, 2 years we'll be done. It always seemed just a couple years away. (Orginally we were going to wait to get married till he was done with school... good thing we didn't :)...) When we got married a AA was only 2 years away... The we thought Hey, We'll move to Sacramento for 2 years and get his bachlors... 6 years later we still find ourselves here. I am not complaining though. I am curious to see what is next these last 8 have been great though. We always play catch up during the summer and hang out a lot and BBQ, go for day trips. Being on a school schedule does have some advantages. Being off of a school schedule will have many advantages as well.

I took Levi out to celebrate on Thursday after his last class. We went to sushi (our favorite splurge). We didn't do much else because Levi had pulled an all nighter to get his senior project finished the night before, so he was TIRED! The next day my family came down early to help get things ready for the celebration BBQ. I couldn't have done it without them. I still had so many little things to do. I had been sick earlier in the week and unable to get started early like I had wanted.




Wesley was great during the graduation ceremony. He was really into it. He kept saying "YAY Daddy" when ever anyone would speak. This lady next to me was like... man he has a lot of daddies :)! Ha ha. He looked for any reason to cheer and clap. He loved the show. I had bought this party favors for the little ones to play with. They were a hit! I will have to remember these for outings. They provided endless entertainment.


The BBQ was nice. It was nice to have everyone there to celebrate. The weather was great so people could sit outside. Our place is small but with outside seating it all worked out.


I now just wish I could have had this weekend off to go off somewhere and celebrate. I am so busy in the next few weeks that it doesn't look like we will get that chance for awhile... so sad. We will have to figure something out. I feel the need to get away.


Now it is hard core prayer time!! Please keep praying for God to lead us to a job! We don't know what is next but we are willing to go... Keep praying!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Please God, bring them back to Redding!

Nicole said...

Congratulations Levi! It took a great deal of teamwork on all your parts. I will be praying that God will make His plans for you evident. God Bless!!