Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is There Anything Sweeter?

Is There Anything Sweeter Than A Child's Love? I don't think so. Wesley has been so genuine with his appreciation and affection lately... it just melts my heart. It makes those rough days a little easier to get thru knowing that just yesterday he grabbed your face and looked in you the eyes and said "Mommy I love you. You're my favorite little girl". You can't erase those memories from your heart. So in the heat of the Terrible Threes you can recall those blessed times when your child was easier to love.

Lately if he finds out we did something for him or made him something he just sings your praises and says thank you, thank you, thank you. I got such deep thanks the other day for giving him some water before he asked. He said "Awe Mommy Thank You, You Got Me Water!"... he must have some low expectations but it makes him appreciate us more so I am OK.

3 has been interesting, we've had some of our toughest days lately. Being pregnant does not do anything to help the situation. On the other hand 3 has been great. There is so much more personality coming out. He is changing so fast. He has opinions, likes, dislikes, dreams, jokes and ideas that he would love to share, if you'd lend an ear. His imagination has really taken off. WOW the things he comes up with. Imaginary toilet cats... sword fighting, searching for monkeys. ANYTHING & EVERYTHING is an adventure. It sure can make a day interesting and fun. Some days he prefers being called "doggy" over Wesley or like today it was "Bunny Rabbit". He realized today that bunnies eat carrots and he LOVES carrots too so we can call him Bunny Rabbit. Silly Silly boy.

He is anxiously awaiting this babies arrival. We probably told him too early, I think he doesn't believe the baby will ever come. In some ways though the baby will be here before he knows it. He loves babies and I think he will do great, I am not worried about it. I am sure he will be a little disappointed at first that the baby doesn't really do anything but soon enough they will play together. We haven't decided on a name... still tossing a few back and forth. I just don't feel 100% about any name that we like. I am sure we will name him eventually :).

Only 9 1/2 weeks left of work... WOOHOO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has always be a sweet heart.

Grammy

Brenda Walker said...

Emily is so like that right now. She is so thankful for everything. I love this age! Wesley is so adorable!