Monday, April 5, 2010

Growing Growing Growing!

We are doing a lot of growing around here lately. My belly is one of them! I am currently 29 weeks pregnant and going strong. So far things are going well. This pregnancy has been easier in some ways but in ways a lot harder... at least it is flying by!! Only about 6 more weeks of work WoooHooo!!! Getting a little nervous about the whole up all at night newborn thing- you forget so much!

Wesley seems obsessed with growing up lately too. He wants to talk about the privileges he will get when he gets bigger like GUM! He says "When I get bigger I can get into your purse and get gum... OK Mommy? Ok??" The other day he asked if he could have hair under his arms like daddy. I told him that will come when he gets bigger. He said something like this: "When I Big and have a baby, I have hair here and I get to have gum too!?"... The little things that bring him joy. He talks about when his feet are as big as daddy's. It is cute to see him anxious to get bigger but yet it makes me a little sad because I want him to freeze and stay this way forever!!

Today while I was cleaning I realized though, Wesley is growing so fast right before our eyes. We have mirrored closet doors in our room (I know way outdated and horrible but entertaining for kids ...) anyways I realized I did not have to bend over as far to clean off the finger prints from the mirror. I was not upset that I didn't have to bend over so far but it also made me sad. Soon I will have 2 sets of prints to clean so I will back to bending over.

I also have been doing some growing as a parent. I just have to share this GREAT book I am reading: Shepherding a Child's Heart. I am about 1/2 way thru and I highly suggest it for all parents, I wish I could buy it for all my parent friends. (I wish I had more time to read or this book would be finished by now!) It is so Biblically based and really insightful. It is hard to argue or disagree when there is so much scripture to back up this instruction. It has really helped me change my approach with Wesley and I have seen much improvement in these terrible 3's I was complaining about weeks ago. One great thing is, it is for parents of any age child. You could pick this book up when you just gave birth or have a teenager... I have and still am learning so much. I suggest everyone get their own copy.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Jamie and I did a Bible Study using that very book, well at least the study guide. You should host an in-home study with some of your mommy girlfriends. It was great insight...

Brenda Walker said...

I will definitely check out that book. We are in the stage of terrible 3's and dealing with miss independent. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nicole said...

I love that book too! They also have the book Instructing a Child's Heart that I haven't read yet, but heard it's awesome. It goes more in depth about applying their principles. :) Only 6 more weeks, that was fast. :) Hope your little one is a good sleeper. God will strengthen you during that stage. :)