Sunday, January 6, 2008

Update

Hello Again!
We survived the holidays. We visited with our family a few days before we both had to return to work. Christmas was nice. I like my job 11 months out of the year but sometimes December just doesn't feel worth it. We didn't finish our shopping until Christmas Eve afternoon. I don't feel like I enjoyed Wesley's first Christmas much, I just wanted to sleep some more... not see anyone... be at home. Now that I am recovered I feel ready to visit. Wesley got way too many toys for Christmas, but it was needed. He was still playing with little baby rattles and infant toys, which he would quickly get bored with. Age appropriate toys once again are a life saver (We went threw this around 9 months. Age appropriate toys changed his mood... kept his intrest and made him happier. I only bought one or two though.). He got some really great stuff. Now where to put it all? We actually all had a wonderful Christmas despite be being tired. Our families spent way too much money on us. We rang in the New Year watching TV and lying around. Levi did rush to me at midnight to give me a wonderfully funny kiss. Wesley didn't sleep too well that night with all the gun fire and noise out side. I can't believe it is 2008... Where has the time gone!

We lived threw the storms down here. We have a mess in the yard to clean up but at least no trees fell on our house and our roof is still on, that is always a plus.

Wesley is quickly approaching 12 months. He finally got a tooth the other day. It took forever for one to finally show itself. I've thought he was teething since June. He had all the signs just no tooth ever came. Now it feels like there are more coming where that one came from. I'll post photos when you can actually see a toothy smile. He is a really good crawler and I expect him to just stand up and walk any day now. His legs are definitely strong enough (he's always had strong legs). He is always busy exploring (making a mess). He copies us and gives the best baby kisses ever! He is starting to get shy around strangers or people he doesn't see often. Wesley is a much happier baby in the comfort of his own home. Yet if we are home too much he gets a little cabin fever... make up your mind huh? He usually listens to us when we say "no" he turns away, most times... I know that won't always be the case. He definitely tests us already. I didn't realise that you have to "parent" so early. He is only 11 months old.

I am just glad life slowing down a bit... for now I should say.

No comments: