This year I was going to have to pass, I wasn't going to be able to come to Redding around Halloween time. So they came down, it was great to see everyone. For a little bit I had 6 children 3 and under in my small living room with 3 adults, it was full and fun. We dressed the kids up and took them to Fairy Tale Town.
Everyone had a blast. The nicest part was our crazy group pretty much had the place to ourselves, only a few other families were there. There were a lot of us so we need as much space as possible.I have decided that at this young age Wesley already loves a good adrenaline rush. Reason: We go to the big shoe slide. Mind you this is the biggest slide he has attempted. Also this is a children's slide a little too narrow for my frame if you catch my drift... Anyways he wants up. At first I am hesitant but then why not he isn't going to fall off over the side. So I help him climb up which was like a ladder and he did really well. I climbed up with him... which was a true act of love because although it wasn't too high I wouldn't have done it if it was selfish reasons. We get up there he cries and cringes while looking down, then finally would go and laugh and squeal the whole way down... just to do it all over again! This happened several times, same thing cries then laughter... well on one of his ways down I don't remember how he flipped around and grabbed the side... this is where i am going to get into trouble. I think the Grandparents aren't going to be too happy about this tortuous picture. Anyways he was then scared, too far down for me too reach but too far up for Jennifer to reach. Finally he went down on his belly and of course laughed and squealed the WHOLE way... He likes the rush! Side Note: I wouldn't have let him continue to torture himself unless he was having a blast... this photo just cracks me up. Oh of course since I couldn't really do much I took a picture.

All the kids did great sticking close by and playing together. I was really proud of our group, I was also proud of Kristen who braved the chicken and roster that were roaming free... she did great as well! The Roster was the next highlight for Wesley. He followed the chicken and roster around for awhile, not chasing just cruising around at a safe distance... not sure why they were lose but he enjoyed it! Here he is waving "HI"... he wanted to be friends. Who knew a BEE & a Roster could be friends... he was going to try.It was impossible to get all the children to look, or even one or two for that matter... so just imagine all their adorable faces facing forward OK:)!


1 comment:
Ooh my gosh I love Wesley tortured picture! And the one of you and me is my favorite, much better than the ones I have! The rooster just scared me because I was attacked by one....have you heard the story?
Post a Comment