Monday, October 6, 2008

A Broken Promise?

So when we got married 7 years ago Levi asked me to make one promise. I said sure, he asked that I never make Meat Loaf for him. Easy enough. Meat loaf can be good but definitely sits on the list of things that you can live with out. Well live with out for awhile. My mom found a recipe for these mini meat loafs some time back... yum! They are so good. I use to make them for Wesley and I on nights that we were on our own for dinner. Back when Levi worked nights that would happen often. I even once made the recipe into meatballs and made a tangy BBQ sauce to go with it and made meatball sandwiches. Levi said I was good and I could make it again someday. I was still keeping the not meat loaf rule. I had told this promise to my dear Gramps and he told me that I better honor the request... and I had every intention of keeping it until tonight happened. Dun Dun Dun...
Early this morning when Levi was leaving for school he informed me he wouldn't be home until way late tonight due to his school work load. I planned on making these yummy meat loafs for Wessie & I, and was very much looking forward to dinner. While preparing our dinner Levi calls and tells me that he would rather come home and have dinner with Wesley and I and do his homework later... "What's for dinner??" he asks. Oh no I thought, what do I do? So I told him what was being prepared. We both actually turned it into a meat loaf sandwich and in true Levi fashion he topped it with cheese:). So he had ground beef with cheese on a bun... did I break my promise? or did he have a fancy weird hamburger? He did enjoy dinner, it didn't kill him, he didn't have to choke it down either. This one single recipe might get to be the exception which would be wonderful because they are yummy, quick and cheap! Especially because on a good day I can get free ground beef from work... nothing better than free.
Don't worry if you have us over you can serve meat loaf Levi will eat it with a smile. I am sure he has even had meat loaf at some of your guys' house.

3 comments:

Princess of Quite a Lot said...

No way! As long as the meat wasn't in a loaf, it's not meat loaf...it's just beef loaf!

Kristen said...

LOL! I cant belive that you made that promise.He is the one who said that he was going to be gone! And he enjoyed it!
BTW can I get the recipie, I have been thinking about making meatloaf and never have.

Jenn said...

I used to agree with Levi on the meatloaf thing. ANd I still think that a homemade hambirger tastes like meatloaf on a bun. DISGUSTING!! Anyway, I too have since wised up and found a better recipe and now enjoy meatloaf.