It is becoming VERY apparent that 2 is just around the corner for Wesley.
I have heard that 3 is the new 2... meaning their child was more stubborn at 3 then 2. The terrible two's seemed to disappear. Well it wouldn't say Wesley is in the "Terrible Two's" yet. For one he isn't quite 2... about a week left & Two: I am sure this is ONLY the beginning. He will continue to try new things and gain more independence... and push that line.
He has become very clingy to me when we are here at home. He still does not fuss if we leave him with someone but if he is here at home and loses sight of us it is very tragic for him. If we are both home I have noticed it isn't as bad but when one of us is gone he wants to make sure the one he is with is not going to run off too. For this reason he does not leave my side. I am constantly tripping over him. I am happy to have the company and I am getting better and making wider turns and such, so that I don't knock him over. So nap time is very traumatic for him... he has to be in there and I am somewhere where he can't see me. The fussy nap time I know is standard for most house holds but Wesley has never really put up a fight when sleep is involved... so this very different for me.
Nap time today: He fell asleep in the car. He was seriously asleep for only 5 minutes tops before he could be in his crib. Well he has decided that was enough sleep. He is screaming. I go in there and he says "I cry, I cry". I am like I know you are crying that is why I am here... I tell him to lay down and sleep. He says "WWWHHYYY??!!" and throws himself down on the pillow crying. (Ya for some reason he is asking "why?" & "what?" lately). I am trying not to laugh at his dramatic display of protest. I have to hide my face in his blanket so he doesn't see me smile. I am really bad at the not smiling thing... I HAVE to get better so I will not last :)
He requests to read a book but does not want to read any of the books we have here at the house. He wants a snack but doesn't want anything we have to eat. He wants to do it but he CAN'T do it. He wants a drink of milk or water anytime I have a drink... I know you all know what I am taking about.
On one hand though he will gladly ask for help if he has tried to do something and failed, so that is nice. He will also "thank you" for your helping hand- so sweet.
He is still such a pleasure and fun to teach. I am seeing a different Wesley emerge each day. I want his words to matter. If he wants an apple to eat I think he should be able to have an apple... he does request candy and that one doesn't work. If he says "sleepy" he should get to go to bed. The problem is sometimes he just says words to say them and doesn't really mean them all the time, then gets frustrated with the results...
3 comments:
It definitely happens early and fast. It is agian on e of those love/hate relationships. (not love/hate withyour child) just love/hate the flack and attitude you get. Bella is just leaving them and I have a very small window before I enter it again with Jack. Only Jack is a boy and I think the 2s are worse with boys.
Two's are worse with boys? Oh no....
Kristen You Crack me Up. Just my opinion and I dont know about the new 2 being 3 I just think it gets worse before it gets better. LOL lucky us.
Post a Comment