Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year, New Update

Well we had a nice Christmas. We got to stay in Redding for an exceptional amount of time. It was one of our most relaxing trips we have had.

Wesley, Levi and I woke up Christmas Eve morning and acted like it was Christmas Morning. Wesley was funny. He wanted help opening his presents (by the time all the Christmas' were over he was having other people open his gifts while he watched). He also wanted all the wrapping paper off the present before he would enjoy it. I was happy with what we got him. His two big presents were a Lion puppet (I'll explain the reason in a minute) and a toy guitar. The Guitar was the hit that day... His "Tar Tar" as he calls it. He loves the music. The only thing is you have to keep strumming to keep the music going, well he would rather dance. He'd stop strumming to dance and the music would stop, we had a frustrated boy on our hands. We got him a Lion puppet because he loves Lions right now... or Roars as he calls them. Roars are bear, tigers, lions... you get the picture. He also love my oven mitts, he is constantly getting in the drawer to play with them. He loves the puppet... The toys were a hit.

Christmas lunch was at my Mom's and my Grandparents came over along with my Uncle. It was nice to see everyone again. I got to take a NAP! I had mentioned in a blog back that I always want to take a nap on Christmas cause I am so tired by then. I worked a 10 day stretch building up to Christmas and my first day off was the day we packed and traveled, so come Christmas I needed some rest. The nap was sure nice. After that I was rested for party #2. Here you can see Wesley letting Uncle Chuck open his gifts. Poor kids were up so late it was present opening then bed time.


Great Granny & Wesley Watching My Mom Cook Christmas Dinner.

Me & My Grandma's Christmas Day... after my nap:)

New Years Eve we had been invited to a party. I was really looking forward to it but we couldn't find a sitter so we skipped the party. We played board games which Levi won every game and we watch a movie. I feel asleep a few minutes after midnight:)... After my midnight kiss of course.
The next morning I greated cheerful Wesley in his crib like usual. I said "It's a New Year!" He laughed and then went straight faced and said "What??"... it was so funny. I was excited then he was excited then he was confused... what does a "new year" mean? Well we'll see where this new year takes us! Hopefully there are a lot more laughs a long the way.









This is Levi and Cailee our neice. He was dancing with her in Grandma Bowers new spacious house:). He's a fun Uncle and even a funner Dad (funner is a word if I want it to be!)






1 comment:

Kristen said...

Tim and I played games on New Years eve but I won! I love Callie dancing with Levi. You guys need a girl too!:)