Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Hello" & Uhhuh

Meet "Hello" the newest member of our stuffed animal family. He got attached to in the store and I kind of did too... it was so cute. This child does not need another toy but I couldn't help myself. Well he has named his adorable Elfum "Hello". I am not sure where the name came from but it cracks me up. We are referring to the Elephant as "Hello" now too. He bounces it around on the ground and plays saying "Hello Hello Hello...". Just like when he plays with his beagle puppy and bounces it around and says "Woof Woof". I love the pretend play that is developing right now. Finally not every toy and person is named "Abby"... it was cute while it lasted. Abby bear is still Abby Bear. "Maggie" is his stuffed beagle doggie, "Roars" is the lion.... "Mickey" is his blankie. I love these names. He is starting to combine words to make one word. He has done this a few times the best example is "Mickey"... I think it came from "My" & "Blankie". Sometimes he is proud of his hybrid words.

The other new thing is "Uh Huh". He will tell you a story, explain a situation or just express his thoughts. You can understand about 20% of it. Very clear words pop out and the rest is who knows what. He will say these thoughts over and over again, which leaves us to fill in the blanks. The fun part is you can turn anything he says into something and he says "Uh Huh" (with a tone like "can you believe it?!"... so funny). I wish I could think of an example. He will spill out tons of words and sounds and you can say "You think Maggie wants a shirt on?" His response will be "Uh Huh!!" Lame example but you get the point. It cracks me up.

He has been trying to sing for quite a while now, but now finally words are coming out. Not necessarily the right ones but words. He loves music. He asks to "Dance" all the time.


Till Next Time...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love dancing! I can't wait to see it!